Dr. Edward M. Shepard of Drury College was instrumental in leading the University Club to place markers throughout the county denoting sites of historical interest starting in 1921. The markers were provided by various agencies and organizations in the community. Dr. Shepard saw the placement of 20 such markers before his death in 1934. Most of these markers are still in place today and available to those in the community who want to establish a sense of history. The following links show where those markers are located, what they look like today, what they looked like then (when possible) and what it is they commemorate. Take a look.
Page maintained by - Last updated June 26, 2005