PTA Continues To Grow
During the Graff years, the PTA continued to perform and expand its many services to the children of the city.
Activities and projects included:
- Working for bond and levy issues.
- Training for Civil Defense.
- Clothing drives for needy children.
- Development of a conduct code for students.
- Maintenance of health clinics including a mobile dental unit.
- Inauguration of vision screening.
- Support for the Police Department's Talking Bicycle program.
The name of the umbrella organization was officially changed to the Springfield Council of Parent-Teacher Associations.
[Back to Chapter 6]
[Contents] [Chapter 1] [Chapter 2] [Chapter 3] [Chapter 4] [Chapter 5] [Chapter 7] [Chapter 8]
This page prepared by